Thursday, July 13, 2006

Thousand Islands

So Jill's mom is here with us for a few days... in our one bedroom apt. Sure is cosy. Though I shouldn't complain I suppose. She took us out to Gananoque yesterday to do the three hour boat cruise through the Thousand Islands and it was stunning. The weather was perfect, I got to work on my farmer tan... and the scenery was just frickin gorgeous. Plus it was a boat tour, and anytime I get to spend on or in water is usually a good thing.
Still no luck on the job front but I think I have things covered to get us through to September... just means there will be no house-outfitting spree in the fall...
I have been devouring textbooks for the upcomging program... one down the second one in progress and two more to read while I spend the next week house / dog sitting for my brother in Ottawa. I am looking forward to that very much. They are leaving me the house and a car... so I can get myself hopelessly lost in a new city.
One of the profs posted a syllabus for the fall for one of the three courses we will be doing. lotsa reading, at least I am going to be a little ahead of the game and will have the stuff read, hell maybe even somenotes taken on it by the time we start =)

No comments: