Sunday, March 12, 2006

Happy Trails... again

I am going away... again. I have been offered the MA program at Queen's University in Kingston Ontario. It is fully funded and will pay for all tuition expenses, provide a TA / RA position to the tune of $9000.00 for the year, and also provide an extra $5000.00 in funding. I am excited, terrified, strung out and trying desperately to figure out how to survive between now and September. We are moving up on the 31st of May, we will truck across the island to Jill's Dad's place in Pollard's Point, and then catch the ferry on June 1st, the night time run from Port Aux Basques. after the crossing we will drive drive drive... I don;t know where we are going to be stopping for the night yet, haven't planned that far ahead, but then one night somewhere and then finish the run into Kingston the following day. We have an apartment booked, and I should have enough money to handle the first two months for rent. August is more troublesome, will need rent and loan payments for that, and May is troublesome as well, as we still do not have a place to live for that month... couple of options but nothing definite yet...
My convocation takes place May 26th at 10:00 am. I know I will be able to keep my job at the store for the month of May but I will probably not be able to keep my job at Distance Ed. So May will be extremely tight.
But can I just say....... WHOOOOOHOOOO!!!!!
I also have received offers from MUN and from Laurier, but I have made the final decision on Queen's based on the funding and the fact that it is a one year program, which will get me into my PhD all the sooner. I am wating for the graduate co-ordinator to phone me as I type this, so we can discuss the program, but my mind is set at this point and plans are in motion. Things are falling into place, now all I really have to do is to come up with the $116.95 I owe the school, so that I can, in fact, graduate. =)

No comments: