Monday, November 06, 2006

Marriaaaaaaage is what bwings us hewre together today!

So, I have not posted in a while. my life has been a whirlwind that does not seem to slow down any at all. School ties up 90% of my time, work consumes another 25%, and then my newly renewed relationship eases out the fact that my time is committed for more time than exists =). Life, it has been said, is a funny thing. And I would have to agree with that. When I left Newfoundland at the beginning of the summer, I had very different goals and viewpoints in mind, in every sense of the word. I saw a long-term future with Jill, and a continued career in the academic world. Sadly, the move, which we had hoped would help fix the issues she and I faced, only caused them to grow and ultimately led to the demise of the realtionship, and my severe need of an acadmic break caused a rethinking of my career moves.
In the wake of that ending a new beginning arose; one that I was not suspecting. A refound friendship with Skeptigal, who also was just out of a relationship blossomed quickly back into the state of being we had obtained before her original move to Ottawa four years ago. Except this time, there was a deeper connection than before. Something was just.... so completely right about the situation. It seemed that we had not really been apart, even though we had for several years. This connection... well the long and short of it, has led me to propose. She has accepted and we are to be married next year, on September 8th in Ottawa. It seems fast sometimes, and perfectly right at the same time. It is truly a wonderful thing. We fit together in ways I couldn't really have imagined. It lends credence to the concept of fate for me, that somehow, this was just meant to be.
I hope everyone is as happy as I am right now, and I hope that you are happy for me as well =)

4 comments:

kevin said...

sweet, I'm the first to post with congratulations. i better make it a good one then. oh boy the pressure. *ehmm*

CONGRATULAAAAATIONS!

candansk said...

That's fantastic G, you deserve all the happiness in the world!

stroppywenchnikki said...

*bounces and claps with excitement* there are not enough words for the happy!

Anonymous said...

Once again, congratulations mister! About time you made the announcement. ;)

I'm gonna try my damndest to get up there for it. I'm hoping to hang out with my cousin a little, too, while I'm there. Two treats in one.

Life is beautiful... soak it up. :)