Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Today was the meet and greet day for the program. We met the head of the department, met with the graduate coordinator, and my fellow students. Following the afternoon's bureaucracy, we all went out to dinner at a lovely Indian restaurant that is very close to my house. The food was nice, though I have certainly had better, but the company was excellent. The class is comprised of a very diverse group of people who hail from Peru to South Carolina to Washington to Egypt to all over Canada. Each has their own individual research areas and class discussions should be quite enjoyable. I am very much looking forward to hearing their views on the subject material, and on offering my own two cents worth.

I will be TA'ing one course this semester and one next semester, on top of taking three courses (maybe four if I am required to add a second language in order to meet my program requirements) It is going to be busy, very busy. I am not sure how I will be able to keep my job at the inkjet place, but I definitely have to have that income in order to survive, so I will have to find a way to make it work. I can always sleep next year :p

The courses themselves all seem extremely interesting and I am definitely looking forward to sinking my teeth into the material. In fact, I have already started, which based on the kind of schedule I am looking at seems to blessing... The three courses and the job seem to be survivable, adding the language course into the mix seems to make it prohibitively difficult. Maybe I will have already done enough French that the requirement will be met *fingers crossed* though it definitely cannot hurt for me to do more French. At any rate, I should have an answer on that front tomorrow, for now it is late and I am in need of rest...

No comments: